In the first part of this two-piece article, we explored some of the pain management services offered by Dr. Daniel Batlan at his Specialized Pain Management clinic. Clients are either referred to Dr. Daniel Batlan through a physician, or seek treatment themselves to receive one of the center’s innovative treatments. This article will briefly cover some of Dr. Daniel Batlan’s treatments and their uses.
1. TENS. Dr. Daniel Batlan offers transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) units, which can be worn on a belt and attached to different sections of the body by gel pads. The TENS unit is a battery-operated device that gives a soft, electronic massage. It can be used for many hours each day, and is perfect for those with musculoskeletal issues.
2. Epidurals. This service, which is one of the most common treatment options given by pain management specialists, involves an injection into the spine that treats different conditions like osteoarthritis, sciatica, “pinched nerves”, and herniated or slipped vertebral discs.
3. Physical Therapy. Dr. Daniel Batlan offers and / or can make referrals to physical, occupational, and swimming therapy services that help individuals affected by chronic pain reach their full potential for physical capacity.
4. Sacroiliac Injections. This procedure treats the sacroiliac joint, which is located at the back of the pelvis. Patients who experience pain in their upper buttocks because of an inflammation of the joints or a degenerative condition can receive a sacroiliac injection right in the doctor’s office.
5. Trigger Point Injections. One of the most common pain-block services, trigger point injections are recommended for patients with muscle spasm issues or fibromyalgia.